Building my first PC.

NewtypeEXE

Beta member
Hi guys, the current PC I'm using right is nearing the end. It cannot keep up with all the current and next gen games coming out. So I come here, for the help and advice of the community. I'm looking into building a gaming PC. The thing is, I have next to no knowledge about computer parts. So if someone could show me a "wish list" on newegg with all the parts I need that would help me immensely. My max limit is $1200, I really do not wish to go over this limit. Oh, I enjoy streaming games too, I don't know if that makes a difference or not, just throwing it out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Is building a PC hard? I have never done it before and it looks intimidating to a newbie like me. The only person I know that knows how to build a PC is a two hour drive to get too.​

Well, First you need a motherbord, CPU, GPU, RAM, a hard disk drive or Solid State Drive (a SSD uses flash memory chips insted of a spinning disk very fast access times more pricey good for getting game data to your RAM fast!)

I whould buy a MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte motherbord (look into what you want) (I whould go for a GA-880GA-UD3H (rev. 3.0) motherbord) with a AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processor (Intel is costs alot more then a AMD but a AMD 4 core is just as good as Intel i7 at about 50% the cost)

Now for the GPU (Graphics Proccesing Uint)
The motherbord above has 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX
This justs means that the bord can have 2 graphics cards with ATI CrossFire (dubbling the GPU speed)

Go for a Pine AMD Radeon HD 6770 (HD-677X-Z5F3) 1024MB PCIe

For the computer memory, get at least 4GB of DDR3 RAM (2GB just to run Windows 7 {blows!}

Also you will need a system uint to store it in.

Well.. thats about it, look on www.dogpile.com for your computer parts, the parts above are what I whould buy.

Hope this helps?

Anyone else?

Well, First you need a motherbord, CPU, GPU, RAM, a hard disk drive or Solid State Drive (a SSD uses flash memory chips insted of a spinning disk very fast access times more pricey good for getting game data to your RAM fast!)

I whould buy a MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte motherbord (look into what you want) (I whould go for a GA-880GA-UD3H (rev. 3.0) motherbord) with a AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processor (Intel is costs alot more then a AMD but a AMD 4 core is just as good as Intel i7 at about 50% the cost)

Now for the GPU (Graphics Proccesing Uint)
The motherbord above has 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX
This justs means that the bord can have 2 graphics cards with ATI CrossFire (dubbling the GPU speed)

Go for a Pine AMD Radeon HD 6770 (HD-677X-Z5F3) 1024MB PCIe

For the computer memory, get at least 4GB of DDR3 RAM (2GB just to run Windows 7 {blows!}

Also you will need a system uint to store it in.

Well.. thats about it, look on www.dogpile.com for your computer parts, the parts above are what I whould buy.

Hope this helps?

Anyone else?
Parts you need

Case
Mother Board
Processor
RAM (Random Access Memory)
GPU
HDD (Hard Drive) and/or SSD
Optical Drive (Disk Drive ie. DVD, Blue Ray, etc.)
PSU (Power Supply Unit) to power the whole thing
Input Devices (Mouse, Keyboard, etc.)

I agree with the Asus or Gigabyte MoBo.
And when your looking through RAM be sure that you buy the right amount of sticky based on your motherboard
If your mother board supports triple channel (Has 6 Ram slots) make sure if you were to want 12GB of RAM you get 3 4GB sticks. Utilize the triple channel that comes with the board.

Remember too that if you get 2 GPU's its nice and all but they can only operate as fast as your processor is. Your processor can bottleneck you GPU operating speed.

NewtypeEXE you have a pm. Agree with everyone above. Your best bet will be an AMD processor with Nvidia graphics card. I am not a fan of the Ati graphics cards, have had to many friends with numerous problems with their crappy drivers.

NewtypeEXE you have a pm. Agree with everyone above. Your best bet will be an AMD processor with Nvidia graphics card. I am not a fan of the Ati graphics cards, have had to many friends with numerous problems with their crappy drivers.

some AIT drivers are ok for XP PRO 32-bit 64-BIT im like WTF?

If you're from the 90's, you can go back. The AMD/ATI drivers out now are solid, and a friend of mine who used to be just like this is now using a Radeon HD 6870 with no issues. I run 5870's in CrossFire, also no driver issues. Maybe doing some research into the current norm before spouting off hypothetical and unreasonable prejudice is warranted.

Make sure you have a RAM more than 3gb for gaming. Also have a good CPU so it can keep up with it all. Good luck!!

If you're from the 90's, you can go back. The AMD/ATI drivers out now are solid, and a friend of mine who used to be just like this is now using a Radeon HD 6870 with no issues. I run 5870's in CrossFire, also no driver issues. Maybe doing some research into the current norm before spouting off hypothetical and unreasonable prejudice is warranted.

I'm not spouting off hypothetical prejudice, I don't need to research it because I myself and many others I know have had issues with their drivers. I do know some who like yourself have had no issues. But it's definitely an issue when 8 out of 10 are having issues with their drivers. Don't get me wrong Nvidia has their problems too, but from my experience I have had far fewer problems with them than with the ATI/AMD drivers.

But it's definitely an issue when 8 out of 10 are having issues with their drivers. Don't get me wrong Nvidia has their problems too, but from my experience I have had far fewer problems with them than with the ATI/AMD drivers.

8 out of 10? Your comment has moved from being mere personal reference to implied statistics. The first one is ok, but the second is not. If you have a problem with any kind of driver, you are doing something wrong with the rest of the system.

It's also curious and funny to see you say 8/10 because nVidia drivers were the ones that were the cause of more BSODs than ATI/AMD drivers. I've not had any issues with either camp in many years, but I also don't build my computers out of substandard parts.

Back
Top Bottom