Random Chit Chat

So guys and girls....

Any one recommend me any decent Android app's/widgets?

IDK if it works in the UK, but google navigation is probably the most useful feature in Android. Definitely try it out.

EDIT: I just took apart that Dell because it crashed again. There are three blown 3300 μF/6.3V caps on the motherboard. Of course, I didn't have any in my kit, and radioshack doesn't carry them, so I'm out a HTPC for at least the next week.

Also, I just got a response from Avenza regarding their PDF maps application:

Yes we are planning on releasing an Android version as soon as possible.
No exact timeline or release date in available at this time.
Thank you and Regards
Avenza Systems

Excellent.

Foothead: Bad Caps is where I get all my motherboard cap sets. In fact, I have a mobo that needs a replacement set right now, so I will placing an order sometime this fall.

argh.gif
That sounds like it's expensive, but it isn't-- last time it cost me only $23 to replace all the capacitors in that motherboard... it's just that I haven't the time right now to mess with it, and I don't want another package of parts cluttering my workbench until I can actually get around to effecting repair.

Aww, apparently there is "Mechanical failure occurred" during the shipment of my HDD. So now my "UPS 2nd day" became a "3 day shipping". So much for the "Guaranteed second-day delivery"

I was ready to back up my HDD and reinstall Win7 too. I wanted to back up my data today because I will be busy for the next three days.

IT LIVES!
Upgrades are awesome.
photos shall ensue.

I just tried out Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and it's amazing. Well, the program runs like crap (locked up prolly 5 times while creating the panorama), but the results are quite good. It's tons better than photoshop.

Example: Mount Antero - 360° Panorama from summit - Photosynth

Photoshop version. Note the stretched areas and the spots where mountains don't line up.
That works amazing for an Eyefinity background :)

IT LIVES!
Upgrades are awesome.
photos shall ensue.

That works amazing for an Eyefinity background :)

Indeed it does. I've had it as my background for the last year or so. Would you like me to upload a .jpg version of it?

I was just looking back at my pictures from that climb. I was like a drunk with that camera. Every picture is tilted 5 degrees in a different direction, and I had seemingly no regard for framing. LOL, altitude. Here's an example.

EDIT: Here's another. I think I was following the horizon on that one. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom