Hacking a WPA-PSK [TKIP] Network

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
This thread is for information purposes only and personal use.

Basically, I have my network setup to WPA-PSK [TKIP] security and want to know if it's possible to be hacked (I know anything is possible, but I guess I want to know how probable it is). Now I'm not paranoid about it, as I live in Wyoming and literally, the IQ level here is rather low. (Yes, I am making an assumption about wild west cowboys, but they're EVERYWHERE!!)

Would a program like BT be able to scan my network for the security passcode?

Any, non-detailed, discussion around this?

As I understand it, the vulnerability with WPA less severe than that of WEP. You need to be packet sniffing (as you do when cracking WEP), and capture the authentication handshake when another client successfully joins the network. You've then got to do some kind of brute force attack on the data captured during the authentication process...

I know that this is a bit of a cop out... but there is an article here: cracking_wpa [Aircrack-ng] on it.

to crack wpa or higher you have to get the handshake and then when you do you have to run a brute force on the encryption if it is a randomized password it is near impossible to crack it if you made the password and don't have a good mix of symbals caps letters and numbers it is possible and sometimes easier than wep to crack. never use your phone nuber or just a name or something. I don't agree with the tutorial you listed above as it says only pre shared keys are crackable wich is not true at all. any of the encryptions can be hacked but some take more patience than others and the password strenth will determan how easy it is to hack it. if you use the key your router gives you it would take years of brute forcing to find the password and then you may not find it. hope this helps

udefull
2.gif

You need BT and then you need to get a handshake, then you either use a dictionary file or john. I suggest you practice with wep first then move on to wpa. Different levels.

blog.expert-its.com

This is why a have a 128 character passcode. Typing it in on a new machine really sucks, though...

Back
Top Bottom