Random Chit Chat

I finally figured out the perfect way to browse while watching netflix.

window_transparency.jpg

That is brilliant!!

Really are you guys just figuring out you could do things like this? lol I was able to make certain window transparent back when I had a geforce 4mx440 back in 2002 with no lag or anything

they should incorporate this into windows media center so people can browse the internet from their couch while watching tv

they should incorporate this into windows media center so people can browse the internet from their couch while watching tv

I've always wondered why Windows doesn't natively have it when media center does exactly the same thing with the menus. Anyway, I tried it on my HTPC and it's great. Only problem is that my vision is crap, so it makes things even harder to read than normal. Shouldn't be a problem once I get new glasses.

EDIT: WTF? I just tried one of those IDE-> SATA converters, and it burned itself up after 5 seconds. Hopefully my DVD drive is fine.

What about windows 7??

I actually have it slightly more transparent right now. It's a lot more readable at full resoluton.

This is the program I used.

EDIT: So I'm trying to diagnose this POS Dell... It sporadically restarts when watching Netflix. No BSOD or anything, it just goes to BIOS. Running a memtest right now, then I'll throw in a different PSU for testing. If neither works, I guess I'll be buying a cheap PC on craigslist to replace it. Would I be able to reuse my Dell branded XP MCE product key/CD? It goes through Windows installer like a normal OEM disc, but after the install, a big ugly orange box pops up and installs "software."

EDIT2: It failed the memtest after about 45 minutes. When I went to remove one of the DIMMs, I noticed a bulging cap near the PCI slots on the motherboard. Wonderful. So here's a recap, in case anyone needs more reasons never to buy a Dell:

Code:
[b]Dell Dimension E520 failure checklist[/b]

[X] DVD-ROM drive
[X] DVD-RW drive
[X] Memory module 1
[ ] Memory module 2
[X] Motherboard
[ ] CPU
[ ] Power Supply
[ ] Hard drive

Seriously, half the components are dead 4 years later. This is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom