Hey guys, whats this mean..??

glokkss

Beta member
This is on the front of my cooler master Haf X case... I built this as my first computer a little while ago and these 2 red lights have been on for a bit.. I dont know if its good or bad? 2 more questions.... umm how do I fix my computer from booting from a cd? I just want to boot it without the windows 7 CD in it!!! and how do I disable IDE? I think their called that? It always checks for them when I start up and never finds anything.

First post... Hope you guys can help! Thanks

-Glokkss

sorry guys forgot to post the pic accidentally. basically its 2 red lights one has a bolt beside it and the other is like a cylinder. Just dont know what these 2 things mean. Silly me :p I just dont know if its good or bad that it is on.

Bolt(as in lightening?) should be Power, this should stay on when the power is on.
and the Cylinder is Hard Drive activity, it should flash as the drive is accessed.

in my case, mine are Blue.

On my Haf X they are both red, and as stated above it is one for Power and one for HD Activity. So those are both fine. And go into your bios and tell it to boot from the Hard Drive first, and then do your disc drives as the secondary and third. Simple as that.

If you are having issues on startup hit F12 to bring up the boot menu (at least that's the key for me) and tell it to boot from HD rather than your CD.

Back
Top Bottom