windows and desktop show black pixelation sometimes

mikee

Fully Optimized
I recently upgraded to a xfx radeon 6670 and since then every once in a while I get weird black pixelation it doesn't look like artifacts but goes away quickly like when I minimize a window and maximize it it goes away. I just downloaded the latest drivers from amd but it still happens.

Is the card overclocked? (either by yourself or from the maker of the card?) if it's overclocked, try turning the clock speed down a bit, or contact the maker of the card for help. If neither of these apply to you, what kind of power supply are you using with it?

I bought a new ultra x4 600w psu right before getting it. It's not overclocked at all

sometimes videos on youtube get all blocky especially fast moving ones. I still sometimes have the same issue even though my card is at stock settings for everything. I really just want to know if this is a driver issue or a defective card. Also sometimes sites will render and the black blocky stuff will be on the page. The page will render that same defect every time I load the page until I clear my history and cache.

here's an example of what I get sometimes on screen. Weird thing is when I scroll so does the black stuff and when I scroll back to that spot it's there

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this showeed up right after watching an embedded youtube video on the page but in full screen. when I left full screen it was there

Back
Top Bottom