GTX 580 vs GTX 570 (Also what does video ram effect?)

But thats the exact situation where you would need 3GB of VRAM...triple monitors at full resolution would require more than 1.5GB right? In any case, it's not necessary. Besides, we haven't talked about VRAM for a few posts before this...why bring it back up? In fact, there was only one post about it.

Get one GTX 570. My advice is that. Then, if a game comes out that you play that isn't performing where you want it to...just get another one at that time.

Get one GTX 570. My advice is that. Then, if a game comes out that you play that isn't performing where you want it to...just get another one at that time.
again a great reply from nbrikha.
I agree. that is what i would have done, or getting a new card from a new serie at that time. i cant say now bacouse i know nothing about whats gonna happen.

But thats the exact situation where you would need 3GB of VRAM...triple monitors at full resolution would require more than 1.5GB right? In any case, it's not necessary. Besides, we haven't talked about VRAM for a few posts before this...why bring it back up? In fact, there was only one post about it.

I just came into the thread and saw that, that's all. No big deal.

I also say get a GTX 570. There really isn't any need for additional power at the moment, and when you do need that power, it'll be cheaper to get it then. Just be aware that if you want to always have the latest version of DX, then planning to SLI later may not be the best plan :p

Id like to point out that any of these cards is overkill for any game on a single screen.

Yes, I rather agree with that. I have an HD5770, and I've yet to find a reason to upgrade any farther... I can't see why you would really need this card. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Exactly, budget cards with this years generation chips destroy games.

my justification for Crossfire 2 5870s is for a resolution of 4800x900

about that you guys think that it is overkill:

that can be discussed for a long time.
i like playing in HD and MAX graphics with a constant FPS at 60.
there is games out there where you need cards like this to do that. take crysis for an example.
well that's a game maked to crash computers. so lets take metro 2033 and mafia2 as some other examples.
and there are more games out there that require the horse power to do MAX settings also more required games are coming. but if you can do without the NEED to always the max settings at 60 fps constant, then i think you are right.

about that you guys think that it is overkill:

that can be discussed for a long time.
i like playing in HD and MAX graphics with a constant FPS at 60.
there is games out there where you need cards like this to do that. take crysis for an example.
well that's a game maked to crash computers. so lets take metro 2033 and mafia2 as some other examples.
and there are more games out there that require the horse power to do MAX settings also more required games are coming. but if you can do without the NEED to always the max settings at 60 fps constant, then i think you are right.

I understand what you're looking for. And I'm saying, that with an HD5850 you'd be plenty happy. Hardware performs a lot better in gaming per USD than it did in the past. Hardware has advanced quite a bit, while game engines really haven't. I can't think of a single game that I can't play maxed out with my card. That's why I haven't upgraded. There's no need to.

Back
Top Bottom