Random Chit Chat

It's only 50 amps at 12v, so 600 watts.

Personally, I'd remove the side of the case and unplug all but two or three of the fans. You should be fine like that for a little while. Just leave your video cards at stock voltage.

Tropical storm all weekend. Oh how I hate Louisiana...

Dang I'm getting like 13 fps in need for speed undercover with my new video card my old 8600 got like 40 at these settings WTF

Are SSD more reliable than HDD? I know that its normal for a HDD to die in under a year, but what about SSD? I also know that the more read/writes the SSD does, the faster they die out. However, what if they were both used in the same condition?

Also, I noticed newegg is having some ram on sale. However, there is a difference. The timings on the newegg ones are 9, where as mine is 8. Will I get any compatibility issues on normal usage and using the unganged mode. I didnt mess with any of time settings btw, so the current (default) timings are 9 (according to CPU-Z).

I know that its normal for a HDD to die in under a year

Wait, what? I have never had a hard drive fail, and I've several that have been in constant use since 5+ years ago.

As far as the RAM, it should all use the lowest speeds/timings, but you can adjust in the BIOS. It may be a bit of a pain though, so I suggest making sure your RAM all matches.

Well, not fully fail within a year, but to get bad sectors and stuff. My older drives had been doing well, however, my two newest one (one from my Sony laptop HDD, and my 1TB samsung) both got bad sectors within a year. I started researching about that, and a lot of people from other forums said its pretty normal for them to get errors/bad sectors within a year.

I guess I will skip on the RAM, I'll just get them whenever I need more than 4GB.

I really hope so! I am having other video errors mentioned in my other thread that I just updated and about an hour I got a bsod rebooted and checked the reliability logs and it said video hardware error. I really hope it is just drivers and not the card itself I just got it like a month ago and now I m out of the country so returning it and replacing it would prove to be a timely hassle.

I feel like if my computer acts up its like pulling life support.

I really hope so! I am having other video errors mentioned in my other thread that I just updated and about an hour I got a bsod rebooted and checked the reliability logs and it said video hardware error. I really hope it is just drivers and not the card itself I just got it like a month ago and now I m out of the country so returning it and replacing it would prove to be a timely hassle.

I feel like if my computer acts up its like pulling life support.

Did you boot into safe mode and run driver sweeper for the nvidia drivers? If not, do so, and also remove the amd drivers. then reinstall the amd drivers.

Have you tested the card in another system?

Well, not fully fail within a year, but to get bad sectors and stuff. My older drives had been doing well, however, my two newest one (one from my Sony laptop HDD, and my 1TB samsung) both got bad sectors within a year. I started researching about that, and a lot of people from other forums said its pretty normal for them to get errors/bad sectors within a year.

Yeah, bad sectors are normal, but you shouldn't even know about them. The hard drive has extra space on it that the firmware uses to automatically replace bad sectors.

Back
Top Bottom