Computer shuts down

Never pay to download drivers, if you get a site that asks you to pay for a driver its a scam. Some sites have adds for things like driver wizards, so watch which link you click. If you know who makes your GPU or computer, go to that site. If you own a Dell for example, go to dell's website, they will have drivers for your computer. If HP go to their website, etc. If your GPU is ATI go to ATI's site if its NVIDIA go to their site.
What version of windows are you using? That link was for Windows XP.

I do have Windows XP. It is a Dell Computer.
I uploaded the driver and didn't seem to have any problems all day Saturday. Power went out on Sunday and I didn't have a chance to keep checking.

Most likely it was a driver issue then, that should have fixed you up, if not let me know and well get u an app that will monitor the GPU temp. You might try getting a can of compressed air and cleaning out your fans, etc, they get dirty after awhile and less air flow gets to the cards and can cause overheating as well.

Before installing any driver, it is advisable to install the latest mobo chipset driver and must reboot to take effect.
Then install the latest video card driver again.

the new chipset driver can prepare a better environment for the other drivers to work together with the mobo.

Hope this helps!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom