PC Build help

AaronM

Beta member
Hey guys, I am looking to build my first pc. I am looking to spend $500 at the most and that should include everything except a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I want to be able to play some games, nothing to demanding but a little here and there. I also run autocad for school as well as video editing programs. Can you guys help me out with a parts list that i would need to build it? I am pretty tech savvy so i should have no problem building it, i just am not really sure about what components work with what being that this will be my first build, thanks.

I'd suggest against a three core cpu. A lot of programs still can't run with the third core, so you're walking around with a dead limb in a lot of cases. The dual core Athlon or Phenom will be just as affective and cost a little bit less. Athlon II x2 @ 3.2ghz

Also, you don't want to do just one stick of RAM. You're not fulfilling the potential of the dual channel RAM setup. Get 2 * 2 GB sticks or 4 * 2GB sticks for better performance. Also, I had four gb for the longest time with no issue. It works fine. You can upgrade with time, at least this way, you can access all of the dual channel power, rather than just half. G.Skill Ripjaw

Go with this PSU instead. Brand name and after the rebate it costs only 5 dollars more. It's high performance and modular so no problems will come of it unlike non brand names.OCZ PSU

I have an HAF and I hate all the dust issues. Worst buy yet. I love the looks but that's about it. Take my advice if you want to, it's a burden you don't want. Cooler Master makes an incredible line of Mid ATX towers. Their Elite series is awesome!!! Here's one of my favorites. Cooler Master Elite!

Here's a smaller mobo with a bit more kick for the dollar. You can get the one he suggested if you want the longer board. No issue. MSI 880GM

You have a baller system for the price there.

The build I suggested with the mail in rebate and shipping costs comes out to $506 dollars...Go for it bro!

Thanks for your input bro, very much appreciated. So your suggesting if i want 8gb of ram, i get 4 2gb sticks of the ripjaws?

Back
Top Bottom