Hey - I'm new here!

TheGeekSquadron

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm new around here. I love Linux, it's so Stable - and best of all it's free. Please reply to me, telling me what you love about Linux - or your Operating System of choice. I plan to be very active here, if I can :)!

Oh yeah, and one more thing, is it okay to have a link in my Signature like that? If not I will remove it immediately from my Settings tab. :)

wellcome geek.
i like linux as well but i dont use it.
the number one issue is the lack of support.
the good thing thoge is that all is free.
i like how it is so easy to customize linux for my needs. i like that.

here is my ranking of operating systems:
1, Win7
2, WinXP
3, Kubuntu/Ubuntu (like the KDE user interface)
4, other linux OS'es
Last: Mac OS (all of them)

whats your ranking?

Putting a link to a competing forum in your signature is not a good idea, no matter how long you've been a member. Doing so as a n00b is a quick way to get banned as a spammer.

Personally, I like Ubuntu, though not 11.04 yet-- Unity looks nice, but it breaks as soon as you start trying to customize it. And Ubuntu One is a resource hog.

Putting a link to a competing forum in your signature is not a good idea, no matter how long you've been a member. Doing so as a n00b is a quick way to get banned as a spammer.

This - especially when you're a new member! I'm confident you're not an automated spammer but still - it'd be in your best interest to remove the link. Just looks like you're here to drive people away to your forums otherwise.

Don't want to end on a downer though, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hey, will remove it as of now :) I was talking to berry120 earlier the other day about programming so I'm not an autoer lol :p

As if it never existed. Hehe, well as of now it's as if it didn't, no-one could tell :)

I was talking to berry120 earlier the other day about programming so I'm not an autoer lol :p
Don't worry, I don't suspect you of that and now it's gone you're fine :) At least as far as I'm concerned!

@berry120. Good to hear that, but you think there will be some sort of repercussions from having the link in my Signature. Even though I've removed it on my own accord?

@berry120. Good to hear that, but you think there will be some sort of repercussions from having the link in my Signature. Even though I've removed it on my own accord?
No, don't worry - you're fine :)

Back
Top Bottom