What the hell, PC.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
okay, hi guys its me again. With yet another problem with my rig. This time its an occasional POST fail and repetitive crashing.

So, i started my computer up this morning, it passed POST, went through the 'Loading Windows' section, then hung as a blank screen, with my monitors still on. I restart it, and it hangs at POST. so, i go in and reset CMOS and it boots into windows. Thinking the issue was resolved, i started up MW2 and started playing. 40-50 secs in, it crashed. The whole PC not just the game i mean. So, i restart and go into BIOS to check for any irregularities since the CMOS jump, and then the bloody BIOS crashes.

So i restart and again it fails POST. Restarted again and managed to boot into safe mode. Ran chkdsk and found nothing of issue. So i restart again and it boots fine this time. And here i am telling you guys about it.

why do you think this is happening? im starting to lose my faith in computers now lol. this thing must have the most sordid reliability history ever.

i should add

on, er, friday i think, i got BSOD, and it just came back again while i was on WoW. on friday it happened after i changed the Anisoptric configuration from x16 down to x4.

not sure what happened today though.

just booted to see if it would, and was paid another visit by BSOD.

a2755fab.jpg

I went into safe mode and uninstalled my gpu. Then went back into windows and reinstalled it. The bluescreens have stopped. However, it seems that it crashes whenever i try to do anything, but it will sit idle without crashing.

Any ideas?

deserves rep there Zero, was spot on.

after a while it was just sticking at POST and i couldnt get it to boot at all. Since the situation had obviously deteriorated, i opened up the case and started to troubleshoot one component at a time.

After removing the GPU didnt help, i removed my second memory module, and presto-booto?

anyway, i tried it with just the problematic module installed, and presto-stuck-at-POSTo.

so, i've eliminated the cause of my problem. Not entirely in your way since i couldnt get past POST to run memtest, but it was the ol' memory playing up.

problem is, im now running 7 x64 on 2GB :/

Back
Top Bottom