need rig advice please

robwarrior

Beta member
Im thinking of building my first pc.
I have decided to go with AMD and heres what i got so far.

I need help to just confirm that my parts are compatible with eath other (pretty sure the mobo ram cpu are and i would guess the graphics card will fit in this mobo?).

case: mid tower dark fleet df.10
cpu: AMD Phenom 2x4 black edition 3.2ghz
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-880GM usb3 am3 hdmi micro atx
ram: g skill ripjaw x series 8gb(2x4) 240pinddr3 (i would run them in dual channel).
graphics card: Evga gtx 560 1gb geforce
PSU: antec earthwatts 650w atx 12v (is it enough? think i might wanna oc in future)
hdd: samsung spinpoint 7200rpm 32mb

also i would get a sata dvd writer. SO what do you guys think? All the parts should be compatible? Is my psu enough? that graphics card would fit that mobo? do i need a cpu cooler or can i just use stock? plz dnt link me newegg deals wich are better because i live in new zealand and i don't want an intel thanks, appreciate any help. (btw main function of pc would be bf3 above all else. I dnt think its gnna be as demaning as people think). thanks!

PSU is enough. It's not too big of a GPU so it should fit the case. Everything seems fine. You can keep the stock heatsink unless you're doing heavy overclocking. Don't bother with overclocking though, personal opinion is you dont need it...for much of anything. If you want to upgrade your cooler, Zalman makes a nice heatsink called the CNPS 11x. CoolerMaster V6 or V8 should also be more than sufficient. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

Telling someone not to bother with Overclocking when they're trying to squeeze a fast PC into a smallish budget is almost mean. ;)

If you don't overclock, the stock heatsink on that chip is fine. If you intend to overclock anyway, the power supply is also fine. Grab yourself a heatsink like the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ or similar tower heatsink (or closed-loop liquid cooling solution like the Kuhler or something from Corsair) and you should be able to coax some more MHz/GHz out of that chip.

But the actual config looks fine. I've had hands on with that particular graphics card and it's a freaking screamer.

I've had hands on with that particular graphics card and it's a freaking screamer.

I second what og said in his post above - but I hope "screamer" refers to the performance and not the sound.

Rob, that is very good system you configured. I would recommend one small change. While that is an excellent power supply, I would pay the $10 more to get the Antec Current Game 750w PSU on sale for only $70 AR - it would definitely give you the power to OC everything and would be more than you need.

Newegg.com - Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I second what og said in his post above - but I hope "screamer" refers to the performance and not the sound.

Rob, that is very good system you configured. I would recommend one small change. While that is an excellent power supply, I would pay the $10 more to get the Antec Current Game 750w PSU on sale for only $70 AR - it would definitely give you the power to OC everything and would be more than you need.

Newegg.com - Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

thanks but im from new zealand so i dont use newegg

To clarify, yes, the card is a screamer in terms of performance. The fan was very silent on the card.

Back
Top Bottom