I This a good computer?

Yes, it would be able to play CoD, however It definitely wouldn't be able to max it. You could be getting a lot better parts for your money if you build it yourself.

everything is good except the GT220 which is crap. Only thing its useful for is a doorstop
I wouldnt take it if it was given to me for free.

The Athlon 255 3.1 ghz is fast and will be heavily bottlenecked and limited by that sh*tty gt220.
Find at least a GTS250 or GT440 to go with the athlon.
Remember, Vram doesnt make the videocard fast. a 9500GT 2gb has no chance of ever beating an 8800gt 512mb.
Same goes for that crap gt220 its just false marketing, the gt220 is too slow to even utilize more than 200mb of ram.

To the people who replied that the system is good, do you even know anything about computers?

everything is good except the GT220 which is crap. Only thing its useful for is a doorstop
I wouldnt take it if it was given to me for free.

The Athlon 255 3.1 ghz is fast and will be heavily bottlenecked and limited by that sh*tty gt220.
Find at least a GTS250 or GT440 to go with the athlon.
Remember, Vram doesnt make the videocard fast. a 9500GT 2gb has no chance of ever beating an 8800gt 512mb.
Same goes for that crap gt220 its just false marketing, the gt220 is too slow to even utilize more than 200mb of ram.

To the people who replied that the system is good, do you even know anything about computers?

I agree here. I work at a computer store and you could get a way better processor in a desktop for that price. Also, it has Windows 7 32-bit installed, which is fine, although if you are looking to upgrade to some more ram later you are gonna have to purchase a 64-bit version of Windows....possibly even have to purchase a new motherboard if that AsRock only supports 4GB max. Crap case also in my opinion, for a gaming rig anyway.

I agree with most of the comments above - except about the GT 220 video card. It is not good only for a door stop. It plays some of my favorite games very well - Hearts and Spades. Great for card to play.

I think the Cyberpower PC linked above by 220racer would be an excellent choice. I defnitely would not buy the "whitebox" machine you selected at the start - even if it has a black case. You might be interested in some customer satisfaction survey results.See the PC Mag Annual PC Customer Satisfaction Survey. Note that CyberPower ties for 3rd in overall ranking with HP, behind Apple (the perennial #1) and ASUS and ahead of Dell, Acer, Lenovo, Gateway, eMachines, and Compaq.

Chart
PC Magazine

Article
Readers' Choice Awards 2011: Desktops and Laptops - Desktops | PCMag.com

Back
Top Bottom