reformatting a pc?

andylam

Solid State Member
hey guys i was think about reformatting my pc because i ahve a keylogger that i cant get off and a denied access to my c drive. First of how do you pick which file you want to save and can i save microsoft word, excel.. ect or will it not work after done with the backing up and have to put in the cd? how long will it take? Do i have to hook up the printer and wifi again (no idea how to do)? If i deiced to reformat my computer will i get the keylogger off my computer and get access to my c drive? I am really worried about doing this because my mom is going to ask question and i dont want to get in trouble so i want to do it really fast and make it look like nothing happened.. plus my mom has photos on the desktop. someone please help me :C

Dude, you're better off coming clean with mom-- she'll find out anyway (it's like a super power all mothers have).

If cleaning it out as outlined int he other thread seems too complicated to you, then finding the files you need to retrieve is going to be just as difficult.

will not really cause my mom doesn't really know a lot about computers and all i need to do is make it look the same plus all she does is save photos on the desktop which i can just save but i need to know how to select files

i went to the back up and restore center but when i clicked on backup it said parameter incorrect i think its cause of the c drive has denied access :\ can someone help me

You need to entirely reformat your hard drive, you could attempt to move files to a disc or an external hard drive.
Upon doing this get your windows install cd and pop it into the drive. You want to then boot the system from this disc and do a "custom" install if it is windows 7. You then right click your already used hard drive and tell it to reformat to NTFS for the file system and install windows fresh to it. You then need to reinstall all your programs.

It is not a quick fix, an average reformat for me takes roughly 2 hours including all my file system backups etc.

I wish you luck, but your better telling your mom and then reformatting the drive for her but letting her know that you've got all her files safe.

And if you got this from downloading "adult" content, i recommend not clicking a bunch of websites (i only say this as you seem awfully worried about your mom finding out, and I know my mom back in the day would have never cared unless it was something like that)

Reformatting your drive means booting the computer up with your operating system install/restore disc and telling it to format the entire drive and reinstall the OS. This will erase everything on the disc drive, and will definitely get rid of any malware that happens to be on it. It will also erase any data, so be sure you back up anything critical first (and scan it for bad stuff before restoring i tot hard drive).

Back
Top Bottom