First post ever

kyle-1

Beta member
Hello, I'm going to start a 2 year degree in computers from my local community college, can someone tell me what is the best area to get a job in upon graduating?

I'm thinking about CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate, or CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional, or CWSP - Certified Wireless Security Professional, or anything that will have jobs available.

I don't care so much about salary as the availability to get a job upon graduating, I am only average at math.

Sup Kyle. In Australia 93 percent of uni grads don't get a job in their chosen field because they lack work experience. So, my advice, get work experience while you study.

As above, what companies really look for these days is work experience - it really makes you stand out amongst other graduates if you've spent a year in industry as part of your degree. I did and as well as gaining that invaluable experience, I thoroughly enjoyed it, received two awards (looks great on your CV) and developed an application from scratch that's still being widely used and developed now (again, looks great on a CV.) This of course as well as the experience you get working in a company with libraries and technologies you wouldn't touch otherwise. And you get paid for it :)

In my mind, it's a no-brainer, make sure you go on a course where you have the opportunity to take a year out in industry.

Back
Top Bottom