Random Chit Chat

I've read an article somewhere that EVGA was in the process of designing their own case. The article suggested that this case was built specifically for ridiculously over-priced hardware, but just the idea of seeing EVGA's own computer case sounds pretty interesting. Has this been released yet?

I was looking at some CPU benches online, and it seems that the i7-2630qm (laptop CPU) is better than the Phenom II x4 965 (desktop CPU). Is this true? Does this only apply to benches or real world apps too?

I was looking at some CPU benches online, and it seems that the i7-2630qm (laptop CPU) is better than the Phenom II x4 965 (desktop CPU). Is this true? Does this only apply to benches or real world apps too?

Sounds right to me. Keep in mind that the phenom II architecture is going on 3 years old now.

In real world uses, there won't be a huge difference though. Since it's in a laptop, you will almost always be gpu limited in games, and there aren't a lot of applications that efficiently use all 8 threads. My HTPC with a 2600k feels exactly as fast as my gaming PC with a 955, with the one major exception being video encoding. Obviously, my HTPC is where I usually do that, which is why I upgraded it instead of my desktop.

Ah, that makes sense.

Borderlands has a 75% off this weekend. I already have the PS3 version, but I barely played it. Is it worth it buying the game again for PC? One good thing about buying the PC version is I can get the full game and DLC for $7.50. Whereas I would need to spend $40 extra if I want the DLC. However, PS3 has offline co-op.

Ah, that makes sense.

Borderlands has a 75% off this weekend. I already have the PS3 version, but I barely played it. Is it worth it buying the game again for PC? One good thing about buying the PC version is I can get the full game and DLC for $7.50. Whereas I would need to spend $40 extra if I want the DLC. However, PS3 has offline co-op.

Linky?

Back
Top Bottom