Can't get my girlfriend to wake up... need help

freeman451

Beta member
I think I just got fooled into "deleting trojan" on a fake AVG program that popped up after I visited a fishy site.

My girlfriend shut down right after and doesn't want to wake up. She doesn't allow me to restart her in safe mode, it just gives me a black screen with a blinking curser in the top left corner everytime I power on.

Hitting f8 doesn't do anything anymore, here are the only options it gives me when I hit f12 on start up.

Her name is vista, how can I wake her up?

hhh035.jpg

Take her out once in awhile and maybe she'll start booting up for you if you start making her feel special again.

Unplug the power to your gal, hold in her power button for 15 seconds (be gentle!) and then let go. Plug her back in and turn her on (oh baby) tap F8, and see if you can get into Safe Mode Command Prompt Only. If you can, run a chkdsk /f to make sure you didn't hose anything file structure wise, and if you really can't get her to give you the time of day, it might be worth putting the disk in the system and trying a system restore (NOT a reload, a system restore from the recovery tools)

Just be sure you have an AV program ready to go to scan the system to prevent re-infection.

Back
Top Bottom