Custom Rig; Photo Editing And Some Gaming

Sero

Beta member
Evening! My first post and I hate it to be something so common as what kind of build. I've read several threads and noticed some builds already suggested that could work for me with some minor tweaking.

I found the build listed below, which was posted by 220Racer, and it seems to be close. The desktop will be for my wife and she is going through photography school right now. I'm mainly a console gamer and she plays with me sometimes but we do play World of Warcraft together. Basically the only PC game for now and has been for some time. For the most part we've played on laptops with old GMA chipsets and frame rates that would drive some people mad(Usually negative 10). I know the video card listed in the build will be more than adequate for WoW since it's not hard on the graphics. I realize that it puts more of a strain on the processor.

I like 220racer's build and the only changes I may think of are Windows Professional instead of home, unless I can get Home edition and Microsoft Office cheaper than going pro. The hard drive doesn't concern me as I can always go with an external if she ever needs more for Photo's. Is the videocard listed, the HD 5770, good enough for photo editing? I plan on purchasing a nice HD LED flat screen. Any suggestions?

Case: Newegg.com - ZALMAN Z9 Plus Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX
Video Card: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
RAM: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9
Hard Drive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Power Supply: Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
DvD/CD RW: Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - CD / DVD Burners
Windows 7: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

Back
Top Bottom