BUDGET gaming rig

wraith1110

Solid State Member
I have had a few computers in the past and know a little about them but am very new to building a computer. I am looking to build a gaming rig around $600 from sites like tiger direct and newegg.

right now this is what I have found so far:

Zalman z9 mid tower case
AMD phenom x4 925 (945, 955, etc if a good deal)
AMD radeon 6770
ASUS M4A87TD mobo
4gb kingston hyperx mem(2gb x 2)

some of these items were items i found on cyber power and people said they were good. Is there any unnecessary items or just items that would be a better or cheaper fit for my build?I need a good cheap choice on a PSU, harddrive (500 gb is enough), optical drive, and cooling fan. I also need to know if there is anything that i am missing completely or if there are any compatibility issues with the items I selected. Thankyou

The Micro-ATX motherboard might be cramped if you try to jam the 6850 on it xD

Also... Don't forget to add the windows 7 disc, or you won't be able to use your computer.

can you get windows 7 much cheaper than $110? I decided to go with your build but i saw that it does not have a fan? does the mobo come with a stock fan? if so should i upgrade to the cooler master hyper 212 or any others?

also how do you like your computer case? or did you get it for the price?

I got mine for the price, but it DOES keep my components very cool, And no, the cheapest you could get windows 7 for is $100. The CPU already comes with a fan, so you don't have to worry about that unless you are planning on doing some serious overclocking. As you can see, in the build I made for you... I have also already included windows 7, so you will have everything you need to build and use your computer.
PS: If you DO plan on getting a better heatsink for overclocking, I suggest you get this one: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
When installing the hyper 212+, apply the thermal paste it comes with onto the CPU, then spread it gently all over the top of the CPU before applying the actual heatsink. HOWEVER, the fan the CPU comes with already has thermal paste on it, so you don't need to add thermal paste unless you are installing a seperate heatsink.
Here is a video on how to do so: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Cooler Installation - YouTube

No, the motherboards are pci forward and backward compatible, so the 5770 would fit in it.

I suggest you don't get that motherboard, it's not compatible with RAM at a good speed.

Back
Top Bottom