Will a computer like this play The Sims 3?

Tman1800

Solid State Member
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II 260 dual-core processor [3.2GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]

Memory: 3 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 [VGA, DVI]

This is an example of a computer in my price range ($350). I need to know if it will play The Sims 3 well because it will be one of the first things I want to do with my computer. I rarely ever play PC games (I have an Xbox 360 for that) but with The Sims I'm willing to make an exception.

hmmm. i realy dont know. sims2 for sure, but dont know about sims3. it is a bad computer.
try to find a better one in that price range. go for a PC with better graphic card. stick to a dual core, the ram dont have to be over 2 gigabytes. it will be nice thoge. if you are running vista then you might want those 3 gigabytes. on XP you dont have to go over 2 gigs. win 7 will be nice with some more ram but if it cost too much more then dont.

Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II 260 dual-core processor [3.2GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]

Memory: 3 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 [VGA, DVI]

This is an example of a computer in my price range ($350). I need to know if it will play The Sims 3 well because it will be one of the first things I want to do with my computer. I rarely ever play PC games (I have an Xbox 360 for that) but with The Sims I'm willing to make an exception.

Yes, since that's an external video card. I can almost bet my life you'll be fine with it.

Tman's computer is probably a laptop.
That HD 4200 should handle sims 3 at medium settings without any lag.
I tested sims 3 on HD3650 which is a much slower videocard and it ran fine

Tman's computer is probably a laptop.
That HD 4200 should handle sims 3 at medium settings without any lag.
I tested sims 3 on HD3650 which is a much slower videocard and it ran fine

Yeah, that's pretty much all I want. Btw that is actually a desktop (HP Pavilian).

Btw that is actually a desktop (HP Pavilian).

Yes you can. My sister just bought a computer at Costco with the same specs, but hers came with 6GB of memory. She installed The Sims 3 and runs it on the default settings flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom