I'm looking to build a decent gaming PC, does this suffice?

MSI P67A-C43 B3 DiabloTek Barebones Kit - MSI P67A-C43 B3 Mobo, Intel Core i7-2600K CPU, Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM, Seagate 1.5TB HDD, LG 24x DVDRW, Thermaltake V3 BE Tower, Diablotek 600-Watt PSU at TigerDirect.com

this is my other option, a little more pricey and I know you couldn't see the first one.

but it was a gigabyte mobo, with an AMD phenom 6x 1100T processor, 8gb of corsair ram (2 x 4gb sticks) with a 1tb seagate HD, a 240w power supply, and a thermaltake case. also had a monitor in the cart but that was besides the point.

I would like to know your input for a good set up for round 6-700..

GIGABYTE M68MT Thermaltake Barebones Kit - GIGABYTE M68MT Mobo, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE CPU, Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 RAM, Seagate 1TB HDD, LG 24x DVDRW, Thermaltake V2 Mid Tower Case, 450W PSU at TigerDirect.com

this but 1100T processor

Go with the 1090T, the price difference is huge. Ask gigabyte if that motherboard will support the upcoming AMD 8 core bulldozer cpus so you get an upgrade option.
But buy a quality PSU instead of that generic 450 watt that comes with the package.
Generic PSU cant power videocards that require external 6pin power.

If you are fine with medium settings in games, you can get a low power GT440 or HD6670, they will run on generic psu.

alright i have no problem upgrading the PSU, but what would you reccommend for a good graphics card that isn't too heavy on the wallet?

Depends on the monitor you will be using.
If you will use a 1920x1080 monitor, get an HD6870 / GTX560 or higher.
For lower resolutions, an HD5770 / 6770 or GTS 450 is enough to play at high settings

I'm looking into a 1080 monitor. But would you reccomend the amd phenom over the intel i7 or i5? I appreciate the help immensely!

I'm looking into a 1080 monitor. But would you recommend the amd phenom over the intel i7 or i5? I appreciate the help immensely!
I don't think so. You see, i5 or i7 can be different. There may be old one i7, still there may a new Sandy-Bridge one i7-2600K. The thing is, of course, that, in my opinion, amd perfectly fits with amd. NVIDIA as a video graphic card to i7 might also fit you very well.

Alright yeah I'm just trying to get the most power with as little money as possible being spent, so any tweaks to help my build are appreciated

Back
Top Bottom