Dynamic Languages versus Static Languages?

Yes, I see what you're getting into, then, maybe it might be wise to learn other languages first, and then learn VB.NET, as a language to be using when you just need to get rapid dev cycles out, and bam! It's out! Like that, rapid speed.

EDIT: and another thing, what would you recommend as a first Programming Language then?

Most likely, yes.

Though bear in mind at least early on in the field, you'll most likely be told what language to use and not be able to pick and choose ;)

Yeah, Companies want a certain Language (Usually some variant of C), you have to use C. :p

I have heard tonnes or recommendations that Python is the best starter Language, I've even heard someone suggest C++. What would you recommend as a good starting point? Personally, I got in through VB.NET first and foremost, then Python, then C++.

Yeah, Companies want a certain Language (Usually some variant of C), you have to use C. :p
Not really anymore.

It's usually along the line of projects you're working on already use a certain language (perhaps some variant of C) so therefore to maintain and enhance that project you have to learn to use that language!

As for good starting points, give my sticky a read, that's what it's there for!

I've already begun haha, I was just wondering what you recommended. I'll check your sticky out, needless to say, because I wasn't even aware that it existed. So many dead languages these days, like traditional BASIC and Delphi.

Wow, I am utterly amazed at the amount of people on that sticky thread who believe that HTML is a programming language, literally gobsmacked.

I love dynamic languages! I think they really can make some kinds of programming even more fun and interesting. I am working on my own programming language, based upon a concept I call streaming, but it has a lot to do with data mapping and object generation, however it's not quite just that. I think if you think about what you're doing in programming is, you're basically taking a set of choices, and creating a new set of choices, abstractions on the lower level choices, which make some results, in general easier or even possible to obtain wheras having to express the smaller choices could take much longer.

A lot of times, I htink about the resolution of choice, as a way of considering the basic nature of space, and how we create images, my programming language is going to be focused on graphics accelerated development as well.

Back
Top Bottom