Is this hardware Compatible

zackogenic

Solid State Member
So, soon I expect to be upgrading my Processor, Video card, Moto Board, and memory, in preperation for Skyrim.
Are these all compatible? I'm not very good with hardware specs.
These are the hardware I might buy, with links to amazon.
Memory
Mother Board: ASUS Socket 1156/Intel H55/HDMI/A and V and GbE/MATX Motherboard P7H55-M PRO: Electronics
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155: Electronics
video card: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Profile-PCI-Express-R6570-MD1GD3-LP/dp/B004X69MWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313787516&sr=8-1

The motherboard is not compatible with the processor, and the graphics card won't run skyrim very well, buy this motherboard and this video card instead:
Motherboard: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TZ68A+ LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Videocard: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Hope this helps =)
Thanks, but will the video card I linked to work with that newegg motherboard? See, I can get that graphics card for free. I will probably get a new vid card before November.

That motherboard is great, and yes... it IS compatible with all the other parts. You might wanna look into upgrading your power supply too if you are going to use such a powerful video card.

Thank you for all your help. I'm currently using this power supply but I think i'm going to put in a different one soon, because I haven't put the BFG in because it has a fan on the top.

One more question. I'm trying to get that video card I mentioned earlier working with my current setup, because it's better than my current card.
My motherboard is a dq35joe
But, when I boot it up with that card in there, it just freezes on the Intel screen. If no hard drives are plugged in, it boots "fine"(only there's no operating system) Do you happen to know what's the problem?

(Processor is Core 2 Duo, can't remember which one, if that helps any)

Have you tried plugging it into both PCI slots? If not, please try and tell me your results.

Have you tried plugging it into both PCI slots? If not, please try and tell me your results.

Actually, that image isn't completely accurate. My motherboard only has one pci express slot. So I guess disregard the picture. It IS a DQ35JOE though.

Hmmm, this is a complete guess, but maybe the power supply isn't strong enough to support all those components, so it only boots up when 1 component is taken out?

Tell me what operating system you are trying to use.

Back
Top Bottom