Video Card doesnt respond sometimes

Instinct5

Solid State Member
Hey I bought a video card a Radeon HD 5450 and it says that the drivers arent powering the card and the screen goes all colorful and then doesnt respond again soemtimes it does but only for 10 minutes or so.

the new card should work properly at windows even without drivers.
Does your pc case have good cooling and airflow?
Also check that the pci-e slot is not dirty, it could be preventing the HD5450 from getting good contact

PCIE slot is clean and the card works but i get an error that it says to send to ATI but it wont send if i tried. The power supply is 100w more the requirement and i have 2 fans other than the power supply. I did notice the card does run hot and works fine after I turn the computer off and let it all cool down.

I downloaded it and its nowhere near 70 it was only at 43 celcius 109 farenheit. Ill post back if it happens again and take a screen shot of the message it gives me. I re-installed the driver just to try whatever it is I can and so far its been on for 30+ minutes np.

I dont see what else could cause the videocard to have problems. Even a 150 watt powersupply can run that.

Another option is to test the videocard on a friends computer and see if it works.
If not, then you should use the warranty and RMA it

Sounds like a driver issue. Even when I get a new part I always go online and download the latest drivers, bugs pop up that are frequently solved in new driver releases. About once a month I always check for updated video drivers.

First I will check the VGA pins leads and the PCIe connector.

try safe mode and see if the same problem occur.

try use a rubber block to clean the VGA card pin leads and make sure the PCIe slot if free of dust.

install the latest mobo chipset driver, reboot, then install the vga driver again.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech manager wptinc

Back
Top Bottom