Hard Disc Problem

Alboy76

Beta member
Hi i would like to ask if some one knows to to resolve HDD problems,
when i try to format the HDD it comes blue screen and stopping the process...i have tryed to change pc and restart the process but still the same problem, and when i conct the HDD as a second HDD and it works perfect..Please some one help

well it definitely looks like the hdd has problems.
i would say that you cant do anything about it. if hardware is dead then it's dead.
try running a harddrive analysing program to see how serous it is. you might still be able to use it as a secondary drive. i dont recommend using it but it might still work good enough to be used as extra storage. just avoid putting valubal data on it.

if you can bootup and see the drive trying doing a disk check and leave that running seeing if it can sort out the bad sectors once its complete run it a again and then try boot from it.

if you can bootup and see the drive trying doing a disk check and leave that running seeing if it can sort out the bad sectors once its complete run it a again and then try boot from it.

i didnt know that you could sort out a dead sector. how does that work?

How old is it? Some models have switches that tell it if it is the main HD or the secondary HD, check the manufactures site. I had a similar problem once and simply had to reset the HD switch to tell the system it was the boot drive. Not saying this is the case but you might look into that.

Back
Top Bottom