Special Needs PC Software

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I have a client that is blind, has arthritis and is hard at hearing. Does anyone know of some software that would enable him to work his computer through speech commands? He was specifically looking for something that would allow him to speak and have the computer follow his commands such as checking his emails and having it speak back to him. I don't know if there is such a thing out there that sophisticated.

I found this: Dolphin Guide HandsFree – The same great Dolphin Guide, just HandsFree – Product overview

But it doesn't seem to be exactly what he is looking for because it seems that a keyboard would still be a requirement to use.

Thanks in advance if anyone could help me out.

I'm pretty sure windows 7 has something like that, but I'm not too sure. A simple google search should bring up something and you can research which is the best one.

I have also used something called 'Via voice' (This was quite some time ago though) I Dont know the ins and outs of it, or how / if its been developed further / still supported, but it was pretty decent.

Just a side note on these things, as highlighted above, you really need to give these pieces of software a fair investment of your time to get them to recognise your voice / speech patterns, or they can become frustrating for the user.

Make sure he is ok with that, and talks as he normally would through all the tutorials / silly story things they usually ask you to read a plethora of.

Otherwise he may find himself adjusting his speech to get things to work, which shouldnt be the case (and it will save him time going over the original settings again)

Back
Top Bottom