6870 Black edition worth it?

doritos

Baseband Member
hey everyone I'm looking for a good radeon 6870 for my build, and I have two that I'm having a hard time deciding upon,

the regular 6870 with dual fans:Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

or the 6870 black edition with a single fan:Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZNBC Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card with Eyefinity

all help is appreciated and thank you

The black edition is the same card except overclocked, you can always do that yourself =)

plus, the normal one has an extra fan, so you can overclock it EVEN higher.

ok

can you help me on overclocking? everyone I ask always tells me the same thing but they never tell me about the voltage.

I already know that I have to raise the speed by 10mhz and then run a benchmark test to see If they're are any artifacts until I find my max speed and do the same with memory, but I don't know about the voltage, any help on that? thanks

Whenever I overclocked, it automatically increased the voltage for me, however I do believe you don't really need to tinker with the voltage too much.

what OC software do you use?

and do you think that It will be able to OC to 950mhz?

or possibly more?

I haven't really experimented with this card that much since I just got it... but right now it's running at 940 mhz

Back
Top Bottom