A New Netbook

HafX

In Runtime
Hello All,

So as much as I know about desktops, I am completely new to the whole netbook market.

Basically I am looking into a netbook for a cheap and compact way to use "Word" and basically just internet functions.

I will look to be able to at least stream video without lag, and possibly watch movies as well on the netbook (AVI, MP4).

I will not be gaming on this computer at all, but I would love some capacity for HD video. [No gaming as my rig is around for that reason, not my netbook]

And lastly, I would love around 4GB of Ram and 300-500GB HD Space if that is possible on these little computers!

So basically I was wondering if anyone could point me to some of the best netbooks of this year, and let me know why you think it is as good as you do.

*Facts*
-I adore and love newegg
-I will Not buy a netbook off ebay (I WANT A WARRANTY)
-I greatly appreciate links, rather than just names
-I live by a Microcenter as well so I could buy one from there

Thanks everyone in advance, I monumentally need help with this :)

I would just go with an ASUS Eee PC. I am also getting an Eee PC in a few weeks.

My 2 daughters and I have Acer Aspire One netbooks and my wife and son have ASUS eeePCs. The keyboards on the eeePCs seem cheap and flimsy while the keyboards on the Acer models seem very solid. Other than the keyboards, they seem very closely matched.

Oh shoot, Nerdal I completely missed this! This literally looks exact to what I would want so I think I will be ordering it! Thanks for all the help :)

And to everyone else I appreciate the input, especially you strollin because I decided to go test the various netbooks down at microcenter due to that comment and happened to notice that and a couple of other things. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom