Modem connection

maddoq

Beta member
Hey everybody,
I got a problem with my modem

Suddenly, my internet stops, all the modem lights are working fine, but after 30 sec after the internet stopped, all the lights are lost except the power light.
It's ruining many games, and I would like a solution.
It gets really annoying><

Maddoq,

Your post does not make much sense. I know we all want to help you at computer forums but if I understand right, you might have to contact your ISP for help. It sound more like your modem is going bad but I am not for sure because I could not understand your post that well. Sorry.

MM, ok :\
I'll make it clear : suddenly the lights on my modem are down ( except the power light ) then after a while they work properly.
it happens frequently !

I would have to agree with thompatry regarding the modem either going bad, or just not able to handle your speeds. What activity are you engaged in when this happens? Is it normal browsing, only gaming, downloading large files...? I've seen this happen to a few modems and Occom's Razor is typically spot on, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. At the end of the day, you're going to need to get a new modem most likely and the ISP should replace it for free. Although, they'll make you go to a local office to pick up the replacement to avoid a tech fee.

Additionally, this is a modem failing and not a network router correct?

It happens while I browse normally or play online games.
And yes it is modem failing.
I'm going to call the providers right now.

id say the modem has had it or theres a lose connection. Try unpluggint the power cable and leave for 10 minutes. If that doesnt help unplug all the wires and plug back in. If that doesnt work call your provider

Time to contact your ISP and tell them your modem is restarting itself. Sounds like it needs replaced.

Back
Top Bottom