Best Nvidia GPU for the money

doritos

Baseband Member
hey all It's me and I wanted to ask,

what video card will allow me to play games such as crysis and crysis 2 (and Battlefield 3 when It comes out) at 1680x1050 and Max dx11 settings with good FPS?

Plz don't give me anything overly expensive and preferably Nvidia(reason I say this Is because I don't have to worry about PhysX and all that).

I don't mind overclocking either.

thank you for the help;)

(and no I'm not a crysis fanboy I'm only using that as my benchmark, same goes with nVidia I'm only getting an nVidia card because I don't have to worry about physX in later games.)

well i have a gtx 570 and it is a good card and can play anything.
not the best overclocking card ever but it realy is good for the money. you can also buy a gtx 580 but i think thats over your budget right?
there also are a gtx 560 but i think it a too low card for my use, but it is good performing at a good price, but then a redeon HD6950 might be a better choose, because that it is the same price and it can be bios unlocked to a 6970. the 6950 and 6970 is the same card. so you get the same performance as the 570 for the price of a 560. but you then miss the physx and a bigger Library of Nvidia uptimized games.

some games are better functional on nvida and some are more at ati/amd. like dirt crysis and hawx are better functional on nvidia. i dont know why it is so but i will believe that it is because that that the game engine are maid on a nvidia platform, but i am not sure.
take for an example the 2 new dual gpu's from nvidia and amd. those are almost equal in performance, but you will see the nvidia card does better in some games and amd does in some other games.

i think the gtx 560ti is a good choose but i will personal go for the amd 6950. but thats just me.

btw. just so you dont get confused when you see the 560 have a higher gpu clocks then the 570. just in case you wonder, but thats just because that the 570 has more transistor. so the mhz is more worth on the 570.

i think it is a good idea to get the superclocked version because it has a bit extra volt as standard, so you can go higher in overclock without tweaking the volt. personaly i dont like tweaking the volt.
but if it cost more i will not do it, because that you can tweak it you self.

Some games are coded to work better with certain graphics cards, for example... Crysis and crysis 2 tend to get higher FPS with Nvidia, while lowering FPS if you use an AMD card. I suggest you get the: Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card or if you decide to use an AMD use the: Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

i dont realy care about physX. there are only few games that uses it. i dont see the point.
why do you want physX so bad?

there are downside to it. an extra card = more power use and more heat.

but by NOT having it meens that in some games some effects will not be enabled. like in alice madness returns there will be no black blood from slime monsters and there will be no dropping sewer water.
also some games like mafia2 physics will perform better with an physX card. but you don NEED to have it in order for the physics to work.

thanks for the help.

what GPU do you have echo?

and while we're on this thread, can you guy's help me with my build? is there anything I can do to lower the price?

here's my build

parts I already have:

ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178333 I got it for 30$ on sale at fry's

Heatsink and fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-103-057&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Parts I need:

Case:Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case I'm getting It at fry's for 50$

MOBO:Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard I'm getting this MOBO because I plan to SLI/Xfire in the future.

HDD:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=cymav5nritpe

CPU:Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

Optical Drive:Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners

PSU:Newegg.com - Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

GPU:Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom