First computer build for around $1000 need some opinions

Assault301

Solid State Member
Hey,

So about six months ago i got extremely interested in computers and have researched and researched and this is what i have come up with:

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz
EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI 3
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB
EVGA 01G-P3-1373-TR GeForce GTX 460 (in the future maybe 2 or three of these)
Thermaltake Armor A60 Gaming Mid-Tower
LITE-ON DVD iHAS424-98

So if ya'll could give better suggestions like maybe sandy bridge or anything to get top performance and a stable system... i have looked at asus motherboards, but not to much into gigabyte, or msi, ect...

Thanks,

ha ha also i need help understanding or finding a wireless b/g/n card for this computer. so yea... please help

I would wait for AMDs bulldozer or go with a sandy bridge setup. Bulldozer will have quad channel memory support, which will prob not have many real world benefits.
On the GPU I would say maybe go for and hd6950 or gtx 560 and on the psu try

Newegg.com - PC Power and Cooling Silencer 910W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply

Although that is more than your current psu (probably) it is a good psu sli/crossfire, may not be enough if you go for triple or quad gpu setup but that depends on the gpu you go for

Yea that psu looks good, but i was looking for a cheap modular one... if you would like i could have links to the components. ill look into sandy bridge and see what i can come up with, same with the gpu.

Thank you!

ill probably go dual 560's. what 560 do you recommend?

Def go with a sandy bridge set up with the 2500k with your budget, as for that PSU I wouldnt trust I dont know that brand. Go with Corsair or antec for the PSU.

Ok... But sandy bridge is Sooo much more expensive!!! Sigh ok um I guess Ill pretty much scrap this build and start over and ill let you guys know what I come up with

Go AMD vs. Intel. IF you want to wait for an overkill go ahead and wait for the bulldozer, but I will tell you right now they have barely utilized the 4 core system and let alone the 6, which is currently out.

Stick with your Corsair Ram options, and if possible change your HD to a Western Digital as Seagate has gotten a bit "shoddy" in terms of part quality in the past few years.

I also recommend going full tower if you have the space, I began with a gorgeous mid tower Cooler Master Mystique and I can tell you that when I began to add stuff, bit by bit the case got too full, and got too hot, and got really really messy and problematic with wires... Its just worth it if your going to do expansions which, if you are a gamer, or even up to date on entertainment tech, you will need to.

Ok... But sandy bridge is Sooo much more expensive!!! Sigh ok um I guess Ill pretty much scrap this build and start over and ill let you guys know what I come up with

For 1000 you can build a i5 2500k rig easily! Its not much more expensive ;)

Want me to get you a list up from newegg or where are you buying from?

Back
Top Bottom