Buying a new computer (£500 budget)

BenReeves

Solid State Member
Hey everyone and thanks for looking.

So currently I have an Acer Aspire laptop and I'm getting my room redesigned and have decided I'd like to get a desktop. I'm a student so unfortunately I only have a £500 budget for a PC and monitor.

I do a lot of freelance graphic design and when I get the time I also do web design. However I'd really like to start getting into video editing. I also like to play games like Minecraft that don't have good graphics. So they're the specs I'm looking at :eek:

People have been telling me it's a good option to make my own however I'm just not skilled enough. I have very good knowledge of computers and designs but not actual the computer lol

Currently I've looked at: RCS T-Gamer Bundle Pc (Windows7 Included) - RAM Computer Systems - Gaming Pcs - Desktop Pcs - Gaming Computers - Laptop & Tablet Pcs

Some people have told me a MAC would be perfect for what I want but I'm not sure. I've seen some local for under £500.

Please help me on my search!

Thank you, Ben.

You are skilled enough to make a pc.

If you know how to plug a lamp into a wall outlet then you are capable of learning how to take components and plug them into their correctly outfitted slots.
You are also on a forum where people can literally give you step by step instructions if you do end up finding it too difficult.

I will recommend newegg.com for your parts as it has brilliant customer service, return policies, and some of the cheapest prices on the market. (This is the non lazy option ;) )

You are skilled enough to make a pc.

If you know how to plug a lamp into a wall outlet then you are capable of learning how to take components and plug them into their correctly outfitted slots.
You are also on a forum where people can literally give you step by step instructions if you do end up finding it too difficult.

I will recommend newegg.com for your parts as it has brilliant customer service, return policies, and some of the cheapest prices on the market. (This is the non lazy option ;) )

Thanks for your help buddy, I'll take a look on the website.... maybe this could be a new hobby :p + repped

Is the computer I linked in my original post not very good?

Edit: I just checked the website and it's american :(

Oh shoot didn't realize you were overseas! (Not thinking as I am a little bit tired as its the AM for me)

Wheres your location at exactly? I will talk with my friend over in the UK and see what he thinks in terms of the most reputable website for parts.

And on the PC you linked, the only parts I think are actually quality (remember all in my opinion at least) are the Video Card, The Case, The OS, The Disk Drive, And The 2 Year Warranty that you will surely need to use on that :p .

Oh shoot didn't realize you were overseas! (Not thinking as I am a little bit tired as its the AM for me)

Wheres your location at exactly? I will talk with my friend over in the UK and see what he thinks in terms of the most reputable website for parts.

And on the PC you linked, the only parts I think are actually quality (remember all in my opinion at least) are the Video Card, The Case, The OS, The Disk Drive, And The 2 Year Warranty that you will surely need to use on that :p .

Yeah I'm from the UK :p

And what about a Mac?

I will not discuss Mac Computers with anyone but Satin himself lol.

Anyways I will let you know when I hear from my friend in the UK as to what your options are on the building front.

I will not discuss Mac Computers with anyone but Satin himself lol.

Anyways I will let you know when I hear from my friend in the UK as to what your options are on the building front.

Hahaha okay lol

I'm still unsure weather to make my own though, I mean I'm still going to need to have room in my £500 budget for a monitor, windows 7 :/
What do you think about this: NEW! Sandyfoot i5 2500K OC @ 4.5Ghz - Dino PC Ltd

Back
Top Bottom