Building a PC??

this is a disaster, i put the cpu fan on, then i lifted it of and put it back on, should i have put new thermal paste on it? also when i connected everything up the moniter wont connect :( regreting this big time lol

The stock CPU fan has thermal paste preapplied dont need to apply any. Calm down, explain. Should be easy to troubleshoot, do you have everything connected from the PSU. Are you getting any post?

Check connections, dont connect any hardrive or DVD/drive. Check if you have the suplemental 6pin CPU power the 24-pin for the mobo and the PCI-E connector for the video card.

If your going to only play fs2011 (I play too!) then just get a toshiba satellite with 6gb of ram:)

ryt so everything is connected atm, got a hdmi cable running into the moniter, power is into the motherboard and the graphics card but it just isnt picking up the moniter. theres a red light on beside the graphics card slot, i think its vga?

already started this, plus i need it for a cuple of other things other than fs 2011!

Yeah, what mobo and what video card did you get. It may sound stupid but did you connect the PCI-E connectors from the PSU to the video card??

Try reseating the card too check that is fully inserted to the PCI-E slot make sureyou didnt put it on the wrong one. Pcitures would help more.

i got the motherboard you recommended and then the video i got was the gt560ti, i used the connectors that i recieved with the graphics card....i tried it both ways tho. i have the card in the pci x16 slot. yea ill get some pictures up tomorrow

No dont use the connectors that come with the video card, just plug the PCI-E connectors from the PSU directly to the video card.

Like my picture the two connectors PCI-E 6pin are plugged in directly without using the adapters with the 4pin molex plugs.

Look at the pic should be plugged in like this, 6pin suplemental CPU power to the top by the CPU, the 24pin mobo power and the last 2 connectors (PCI-E) to the video card. Then just plug ur monitor and PSU to power source and a video cable from the video card to the monitor.
5940465559_ab7dcf29b2_b.jpg

yea i also tried that but it dosent seem to work! not sure what to do next
i had the two leads into the graphics card but i couldnt the computer to start so i just used the one and it would start up, could you post any pictures of how you connect the usb and sound from the case to the motherboard as im not quite sure?

Did you firmly seated the video card into the mobo? Try the other X16 PCI-E slot.

So everything powers up right? You see the green LED light up in the mobo?

If it powers everything and the red LED stays solid by the video card, it may be DOA. Just tell them it doesn display and get another new one. Dont worry everything else works. By chance you wouldnt have a spare one?

Those red leds that light up by the cpu memory and video card troubleshoot if there is anything wrong, they should light up at the begining. If one stays solid means there is something wrong. Atleast the mobo is going through power cycle.

Back
Top Bottom