windows 7 insulation error

middi-1987

Beta member
hiya I've run a wipe disk on my laptop and tried to run a clean install to windows 7 and keep coming across the same error. when windows has run through the first stage of the install my computer either freezes before it should reboot, or when the computer does reboot it jumps straight back to the first stage of the windows install. ive tried to reinstall vister and the same problem accrues. I think my hard drive may be the problem as its very noisy on boot up, would this cause the problems that im having?

I'm not sure about the freezing issue but during the install when the system reboots and you see the message "Press any key to boot from CD", you don't press a key then, do you? When it reboots it should boot from the hard drive at that time, not the CD.

If you're concerned about your hard drive, try going to the drive mfr's website and see if they have a diagnostic utility to test the hard drive.

no im not keying boot from disc when system restarts it just boots straight to the windows install screen then locks up. i dont have a os on the laptop so cant run a test on it at the moment.

has the hard-drive completely gone?? If you go in to the bios does it show up in there?? Can you install another OS ? Linux ?

I have the same problem when i try and reinstall vista so it not the os. Ive got to the stage know where the computer reboots to the windows 7 load screen and just locks up. HD does show on BIOS settings.

It might be a heat issue. Check that the ventilation slots are clear of lint and other debris, you may need to open the laptop and clean debris out of the fan shroud and heatsink fins. While you're in there you might as well pull the heatsink from the CPU, clean off old thermal paste and apply new.

Before opening it up though you will probably want to monitor temps to see if that's the issue. Try downloading & burning a copy of Hiren's bootcd for some diagnostics that will help you test and monitor temps. It's self-booting so no installation needed.

Back
Top Bottom