Random Chit Chat

Okay, but that's not very relevant to anything. They're basically testing the APU's graphics chip against intel HD graphics. Of course it'll win. Most i7 laptops will have a dedicated GPU.
Also, do they not sell 5870s anymore??

Sapphire made one until recently, but they're pretty much all gone. If you're looking for one, try google shopping. I'm sure there's a few retailers that haven't sold them all yet.

Release date of bulldozer of Sept 19-26?

Foothead i know that.
I shared it cuz i thought it was cool.

Don't be so literal lol

LOL. That cooler is just temporary. I've already ordered an 1156 mounting bracket for my orochi. I just find it strange that intel even bothers to include that useless pos.

Read the fine print in your Intel handbook. On paper, the warranty is only honored if you use the stock cooler. There's really no way to prove it, unless you have never used the cooler and the paste is still crisp. (me xD)

Read the fine print in your Intel handbook. On paper, the warranty is only honored if you use the stock cooler. There's really no way to prove it, unless you have never used the cooler and the paste is still crisp. (me xD)

Well, that's bizarre. It seems like intel would prefer people using better heatsinks, since it'd make the chip last longer. I'm guessing that's there so they don't have to replace a $300 chip that someone fried by using a Pentium 2 cooler.

Ran some temp tests today. I'm getting ~30-34C idle, 55-58C in BIOS (?), ~68-70C when transcoding media with handbrake (~85% utilization), and I killed prime95 at 75C. It probably would've settled around 80 if I had left it.

Anyway, my mounting bracket shipped out today, and should arrive in a few days. Then I'll have my work cut out for me:

IMG_20110810_203606.jpg

There's also a pile of about 20 blu rays that wouldn't fit on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom