Help Setting Up

KrustyKatFish

Beta member
Hello,

This is my first post!!! I just received my Asus Notebook U41JF series it came with Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to trim the fat so to speak. I know the manufacturers install a bunch of junk on here that i probably don't need and I was wondering if anyone could help me clean it up a bit.

What can I uninstall? What should I keep? Any programs that I should download that are better than what Asus put on here?

I already downloaded my anti-virus and malware other than that its really a clean slate. I would love some suggestions. Im not really new to computers, but I really want to do it right this time around and get the most out of my new machine.

Thanks in Advance.

Asus does change thigns up a bit between models so it's really hard to say "cut x, y and z"

Typically they have a power management and security suite that are relativity useless. However, you usually need their suite to use facial recognition and fingerprint log ins.

The best way to really clean the machine is up is to simply police your startup items/services.

Typically, the bloatware that comes with a manufactured computer is by no means harmful just by being installed. It can, and usually does, hog a lot of system resources as they initialize the software at Startup. If you're familiar with how to rectify this, then I would simply disable all startup programs and certain services depending on what you use. If you want to completely remove the programs, then look through the Add/Remove Programs list and post any questionable software packages and we can be of more assistance in suggesting what you should/shouldn't remove.

Back
Top Bottom