Hard Disk 2: Optional Extra*
Optical Drive 1: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter*
Optical Drive 2: Optional Extra*
Video Card 1 Main: Nvidia GeForce 768MB GTX460*
TV Card: Optional Extra*
Wireless: Asus 54 MBPS PCI Internal Wifi****
Power Supply: Octigen 400 Watt Power*
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit*

Is this a good pc or (money wise) should I pick an i3?
I will be overvlocking therefore do I need an extra fan

I am from ireland €

Its a pretty good PC yes. Not sure on the PSU - try get a corsair, or something that has a decent reputation.
I suppose its what you are going to use it for, or how much it is and how much you are willing to spend on one. Overall, its a pretty good 'all round' performer.
You arent going to blitz the newest games on max settings in a few years time, but it will handle itself in most environments.

The i3 Would be a downgrade - as I say its up to you wether you want to save a bit by downgrading or not, but im guessing if its just the processor and nothing else you downgrade, its hardly worth the small saving you will make (compared to the relative increase in performance you will recieve over the years).

I have never heard of that brand of PSU before which i would imagine means it is not all that good but regardless that psu is below nividia minimum requirments, at least 450 watt is needed and i also imagine there is not enough amps on the the 12v as well. You always want headroom with a psu.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Also i dont see why you would have the 6GB of ram in a dual channel machine, meaning you have all the memory slots full. 4GB is more than enough if not may as well go for 8GB as ram is sooo cheap now.

Thanks for the replies
Emm.
1. It's an Irish company called custom pc and I have never worked with them before so I'm glad to here the flaws;)

2. Is the pcu power if so then I will talk to the makers and see why they are being so stupid

3. Dual channel! Omfg what retards! That means the ram won't fit! I'm now thinking I should go with dell with an i5 CPU ( yes or no?)

4. Is the graphics card good enough?

O btw I meant to say overclocking:)

O btw I meant to say overclocking:)

The ram will fit as it wont be 3 GB sticks as they dont make those. it will prob be 2x2GB and 2x1GB meaning it will populate all the ram slots. Also it is pointless to get generic ram at 1333mhz. You can get high quality ram at 1600Mhz really cheap around £25.00 for 2x2GB (4GB overall)
The gpu is good but if memory serves it really isnt that much more to get the
GTX 460 1GB edition that has the 256 bit bus, the 256 bit bus is the key difference the 768Mb version has 192 Bit.
TBH you may be better off building your own system

Yes I think so because it's very expensive buying one built

But can u show me a good pc with 8g ram and and really good GPU and CPU for under 850€

I would be very grateful:)

Thanks for the reply (theres some rep;))

1. I haven't build a pc before so....... What or how do I do so....like I have upgraded pcs but never built one.

2. It all costs 839€.

3. If I was to build a pc what component manufacturers should I use?:)

It is extremely easy to build a pc so no need to worry there.
I will have a look when I get home for a good build for that price, at work atm :D
Should be home in an hour or so.

For the RAM is triple channel which means its 3X2GB.

The i5 only supports dual channel ram, unless the people designing this computer are so ignorant they are actually putting triple channel kits in dual channel machines, (meaning that they run in dual channel) then they would have set it up to have 4 sticks to run in dual channel, although come to think about it that psu with the gtx 460 is very questionable.
I will find a build for now but it will be built with newegg for a reference, is there any particularly good irish website for electronics? What is it specifically you want to use the computer for?

BTW i seem to have two accounts, I need to get one deleted. Forgot i made this one a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom