Compatible? Help me make a final decision.

ThousandFeet

Beta member
So. I'm kinda new at this and I was wondering if some experienced people could check my build for me.

I'll be using it for college. I'm majoring in computer science so I'd like it to be able to run java and such with ease. I'm also a gamer. Not huge gamer but I still game. My budget is 1500.

I've been looking around already and tweaked some things but I will put everything. Keyboard, Mouse, etc.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Thanks ahead of time for looking over my build. Any suggestions are fine. I'm still under by 200 dollars so feel free to tweak a thing are 2 and shipping can go over not really a big deal.

I've changed the PUS.
Thanks NeXuS.

And also. It's cool to see someome else majoring in CS.
I've already got alittle experience with CS, java and c++ in highschool. So hopefully college will let me look further into CS.

Thanks again for help.

No problem better choice of PSU although the one you choose is good not knocking anything off of it. Haha yeah i got a little C++, but I love java. Its easier to program data structure with objects. Be sure to use NetBeans for java.

Also its great if you wanna wait bulldozer chips from AMD are just around the corner, they will be released september. Or you cant wait just get this and just upgrade your CPU later on since the mobo supports it.

I tweaked it after changing the PSU. I also switched out the 2 1TB harddrives for 2 500GB harddrives. I figured I won't need 2TBs of space total so 1TB total is good and it dropped my price down by 20dollars. I than got a cooler mouse and mouse pad. I'm satisfied for now. The price is 150 under my budget so I'll have money to update the CPU when the bulldozer AMD CPUs come out before I order my build since I have to wait til September to order anyway. I start college at the end of August so I won't have the money til mid September. Lol.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Even though you can go weaker on the CPU so you can save more :)

Then just upgrade to bulldozer. They will be 8-core.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Tweaked it once again.
I added a workstation/chair, flashdrive(for school), and some ties(for cable management) and took out the CPU til a later date.
I want to get everything all together so I don't have to place a bunch of seperate orders. Lol.

I'll just wait on the bulldozers. Lol.

Great they will be released september, lets see how they stack up o the second gen i7's i5's :p

I belive there arent any benchmarks yet.

Back
Top Bottom