Quick Folder Question

Luke_Uk_Baggy

In Runtime
Hi all just a quick question.

Fixing a Dell laptop (XP), ran MBAM, found 5 virus's think ive got rid of all the bad stuff....

Anyway, the inital problem was when the laptop turned on, no folders or shortcuts where appearing on the desktop, or in the start menu. (also couldnt get into Task manager) Found they were all set to hidden by a trojan.

Cleaned all up, but all the files and folders are all still 'faded' (still set as hidden, but are viewable, because ive been in folder options in control panel and set > 'show hidden folders') Problem is fixed I suppose, but i dont like all the files and folders still set as hidden, and looking grey. Whats the best way to change them all back to normal view, all at once (or in the quickest time poss) I'm pretty sure it was in the command prompt with -s -r etc, but I am REALLY hazy on the codes (and am only assuming this is the best way)

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm assuming you know how to get the command line.

attrib -s -h <name of folder>

Thanks Dngr. I actually just went into the root folders, (from my computer), right clicked change from hidden, and apply to all folders. I did that to all but one, then used your way for the last folder, (just to tests and familiarise myself with the code) and your way was fine too.

However the virus, still removed the things from Start > All programs - all the programs were coming up 'Empty' It seemed a folder had been copied and put in the normal folders place. To get around this 'Empty' programs list, I went in the C:/Users/Documents+Settings/'User name'/ and then copied a few folders, over into the all users folder.

(Note: I'll edit this post later to show the exact paths and folders I copied, incase anyone has a similar problem)
Thanks anyway Dngr.

No worries. The was solved, and that's what matters.
nod.gif

Back
Top Bottom