please help me out with this!

yank

Solid State Member
hey guys im new to the forums but id figure i would post here and see if i can get some help. so ive had this problem for a while with my old desktop , made by gateway model 614GE, running windows xp professional x86, and it seems everytime i try to instal a program, such as wmp 11 or some files i open up with winrar, i ALWAYS get an error installing the file, or it says the file is corrupt. even when i tr installing google chrome it says the file is corrupt. there has to be an issue with the software or something. please help me out, any input is needed!
thanks;)

I think iy may be the corrupted download. How did you downloaded the s/w. Is it normal windows method or using anyother s/w like download accelerator etc.
Also did you check the same software on another machine.

I think iy may be the corrupted download. How did you downloaded the s/w. Is it normal windows method or using anyother s/w like download accelerator etc.
Also did you check the same software on another machine.

yes other software works on other computers, and regular windows d/l method via firefox or ie.

can you just disable the avg and try to do the installation.

Also which version avg now you using?

its just avg free edition 2011, mind that i have had this problem before and had to reinstall windows.

Did you tried to disable the firewall and do the installation.

Reinstalling windows is not a solution we need to find the root cause of this issue.

Back
Top Bottom