server vs i7 setup

fractalr3

In Runtime
i have i7 setup right now. im wondering if the quad cpu setup with over 90gb of ram would some how effect gaming?? any increase in fps??? plus being able to add 8 gpu's.
i know most games are not multi core enabled but the newer ones are.

i dont think so.
just having 6 GB ram is plenty for gaming.
also about the gpu's adding more then 3 cards is just waste of money. i can see why someone just want the best of the best no matter the cost by adding 4 gpu' especially adding 2 dual gpu's. but adding more then 4 is just dum.
the more cards in crossfire or sli = lower increasing in performance.

stick with a real gaming motherboard. as i advised you to in another post: get a z68 or a x68 motherboard if you really want to upgrade your already kick ass pc.

rampage
extreme?
and i would never acctually buy a server setup just wondering what people had to say.

You don't need an extreme system to game with now a days. If you an handle a game from 2005 you generally handle most new ones, blame consoles. I've ran my bfg 9800gt for 2 years until it finally burnt down. Only got a gtx260 because of lifetime warranty and same price.

Just my opinion on it. I'd stick with what ya got since it'll be more than enough for years to come. (that and intel clock to clock is greater than amd, newer tech. 100MHz for intel cpu's = more than 100MHz for amd.)

Back
Top Bottom