Laptop Plugin Difficulty

Depja

Baseband Member
Odd problem here. There is a small plastic seal like thing on my laptop where the power cord plugs into the computer. Basically it secures the power cord into the laptop by forcing the power cord into position. Anyway, a piece of the plastic seal broke and now the laptop gets no power and the cord won't sit right. Is there anyway I can solder it back together or anything?
Any alternate approach would be helpful as I've never had this problem before.:confused:
I can upload pictures too later if that's helpful.
Thanks and have a great day!

You don't solder plastic, you glue it. Hot glue's the easiest. (I don't even know if solder would even be worth it on plastic compared to hot glue anyhow)

Can you give us some pics on what it looks like? It sounds like you can glue it back on, but maybe you don't need to. Also, a model # of your laptop would help too to compared pics. Usually found on the bottom side of the laptop. It might say m/n for short.

What happened to cause the plastic to break? That even likely caused damage to the connector itself.

If you have sufficient soldering skills, you could replace teh connector... it would require disassembly of the laptop. You might want to check to see if perhaps the power receptacle isn't a separate item inside the laptop that can be replaced-- that would make things easier.

Back
Top Bottom