asus rampage 3, thoghts??

fractalr3

In Runtime
i might buy this i have the ga-x58a-ud3r is this a good upgrade??
i need the board for tri 6950 2gb cf so .

is it the extreme version you are talking about?
there are 3 versions of rampage 3.
extreme
formula
GENE

i have the extreme version.

it is awesome. but it is way to much for MY use.
i kinda regred buying it because when thinking about the prise there is alot of boards that is plenty for my use.

your board already have support for tri crossfire and the latest technology like USB 3 and SATA 600, why would you use that much money upgrading your motherboard?
are you an enthusiastic overclocker? if not... i dont see the point.
i am not an enthusiastic overclocker, so i have wasted some money. i will be better of with the RAMPAGE 3 GENE (almost ½ the price).... but the extreme version really is a nice and overkill motherboard.
it's not for shit and giggles that it is called EXTREME. because it really is EXTREME.

well my current one is only tri. i wish to slowly upgrade over the years. so quad and it should last a while to.

do you know how little going from tri to quad gives you in extra FPS.
not too much.
but if you want to spend the money then go ahead. it is gonna be a sic killer rig.
but you are gonna waste some money buying 4 cards. i will say that 3 is the max of getting extra performance without wasting to much money. 4 is just to little of a difference according to the money that it cost.
and why not go for z68 insted if you want to be future prof?
ofcorse you need to buy a new CPU but those sandy bridges CPU's are not to expensive. and you are really getting performance for the money and being way more future prof.

ok. in that case i will say that the rampage 3 extreme is an awesome motherboard.
i have no problems with it. and reviewers says that it is an incredible board. i think you will be very happy with it and i think it will exceed your needs by far.

i just dont understand why you will upgrade when you already have a fine and up to date motherboard. it's alot of money just to go from tri to quad crossfire.
but thats your choose.

Back
Top Bottom