Random Chit Chat

You've always had that problem, Foothead. Remember?

I could go back a good number of pages and quote you saying you were ill/nauseated from playing games.

You've always had that problem, Foothead. Remember?

I could go back a good number of pages and quote you saying you were ill/nauseated from playing games.

Yeah, it pretty much went away when I got used to eyefinity though, and even then it was usually just motion sickness. Now, it starts with a bad headache, then I get nausea. It only happens like this in Half Life 1 and Crysis 2. Everything else is fine.

Foothead go get.your ears checked. U may have equilibrium issues.

I'll ask the doctor about that next time I go. I've always had issues with motion sickness, especially when I was younger, so it sounds like a possibility. Would there be anything they could do about it?

Anyway, I'm finally getting around to upgrading my HTPC. So far I've ordered 8GB 1333MHz G.Skill Ripjaws and an MSI P67A-GD65. I'm going to order an i7 2600k tomorrow so I don't hit my spending limit. I'll probably wait until at least after Christmas to upgrade the video card. The 4850 x2 is still fairly capable, and right now I need video encoding improvements more than gaming.

Today on the "History Channel": 12 hours of Monster Quest, 3 hours of Ancient Aliens, 1 hour of UFO Hunters, 0 hours of history.

EDIT: I recall there being a few bike people on this site, so maybe someone can help me out. I'm looking for something like this:

3868802772_80a7cb7b8c.jpg

I've done a lot of searching, but all I can turn up are really small ones. I'm going to fill them with batteries for the ebike, so they need to be pretty large and hang low so the balance doesn't get screwed up.

EDIT2: nevermind. I found some. They're called panniers.

It only happens like this in Half Life 1 and Crysis 2. Everything else is fine.
Stupid point, but do these use OpenGL or DirectX?

I can never remember what way around it was, and I guess it's not wholly dependent on the above anyway, but a friend of mine got really bad headaches / sickness from some games and not others, and it turned out it was because the ones causing the problems had a very slightly (few ms) longer delay between him moving the mouse and the action happening on screen. Wasn't enough to notice when you're looking, but turned out it was enough to send him over the edge!

I suffer with this generally while playing 3D games to the point I can't really play them at all these days. I probably could if I got used to them perhaps, but I'm not a huge gamer anyway and going through that feeling a few times just for the sake of it isn't my idea of fun!

Stupid point, but do these use OpenGL or DirectX?

I can never remember what way around it was, and I guess it's not wholly dependent on the above anyway, but a friend of mine got really bad headaches / sickness from some games and not others, and it turned out it was because the ones causing the problems had a very slightly (few ms) longer delay between him moving the mouse and the action happening on screen. Wasn't enough to notice when you're looking, but turned out it was enough to send him over the edge!

I suffer with this generally while playing 3D games to the point I can't really play them at all these days. I probably could if I got used to them perhaps, but I'm not a huge gamer anyway and going through that feeling a few times just for the sake of it isn't my idea of fun!

Both are DirectX. As far as lag, I'm not really sure. It's definitely not noticeably worse than any other game. I googled both games, and it seems like it's really common.

My scanner's a joke, but here's one of the stereo pictures I took. The 3D effect looks much better than I expected. I'll probably have some better scans in a few hours after I do a contact print.

stereo_4.jpg

Images have already been reversed.

Huh. I've been carrying this 2GB thumbdrive for years, thinking it was 4GB... time to upgrade, I guess.

Huh. I've been carrying this 2GB thumbdrive for years, thinking it was 4GB... time to upgrade, I guess.
Hah! Well it shows you've never actually needed a 4GB one until now ;)

I'm planning to get another couple soon actually, my reasonable (>1GB) sized ones have all gone walkabout...

I have an 'ancient' one I carry that's only 512MB... I've replaced it three times from overuse, but I don't write to it anymore; that's why I had the 2GB one-- for sneakernet purposes, mostly.

Which is why I need the 4GB drive-- 2.5GB of data to be moved off a laptop before I reinstall the OS.

The 512MB one does have DSL on it, for those rare occasions when I need to do nefarious things that require Windows to be silent (or ignorant
rolleyes.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom