first build

In my opinion, if you are going for an AMD build, I would wait until the new bulldozer CPU comes out. The official (leaked images of their launch dates) expected date is September 9th, 2011. The reason being is because it is a new architecture that out performs the Phenom II counterparts by 50% (quad core vs quad core). And, it is only a month away!

Well, one thing to note here Bass, is that the motherboard that the OP has chosen is an AM3+ motherboard, so part of me thinks they know about that bit. Nothing wrong with building a new system now with AM3 and then taking the plunge to AM3+ based CPUs/APUs later.

If you can find a less expensive board, that might be worthwhile, $200 is a lot in an $800 machine that you don't have a video card picked out for yet.

Im after a board that supports sata III and usb 3. and i already have an oem copy of windows 7 to use with this board, so i really dont want to have to upgrade the board for as long as possible,.so i sort of figure i should get a good mobo now and upgrade other components as i can afford them, also any suggestions on a video card or cards, am i better of to have 2 smaller cards and use the crossfire or 1 better card,

Back
Top Bottom