Seeking Temperature advice.

hiphopguy0

Beta member
Hey all, I recently picked up a new laptop (Acer aspire 5552) for college. Now this fantastic computer is miles ahead of what I have been using (compaq presario 2200). However, I have a feeling the processor is running really hot for very little work. Its a phenom II 2x n660 and core temp tells me it runs idle 47-53c but under load it spikes up to about 68c. The thing has a record high of 82c. I keep my laptop elevated so the tiny fan has some air to catch but I have half a mind to reapply thermal paste to the thing.

So, any guru out there care to help a poor college kid who has been on google for the past hour?

adding new thermal paste well definitely help. buy some quality paste and you will see those temps drop a bit.
i think 68 under load is fine, but going 82 is quide high. but by adding new paste i dont think you should worry too much about it as long you Remember to have the laptop elevated.

Thanks for the advise, I always hear people worrying about GPU temps and how they can safely float around 80. I just don't hear that much for CPU's. In a month or so when I replace the ram, I'll go ahead and replace the thermal comp.

Still 82C is within spec, especially with laptops. Im sure it could take up till 85-90C, thermal paste would be a good idea. Get some shinetsu paste.

Back
Top Bottom