need help building

Raccoon

Solid State Member
Budget= 1600
games played : WoW, crysis, far cry 2.... you know something fun i guess

pffft thats about it, i doubt i will be doing any picture editing, but im guessing with a build that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

i doubt i will be overclocking... still a scrub to most of this compared to most people

Also i pretty much need everything, a monitor, i can buy a razor keyboard/ mouse that i like, unless you guys can suggest a nice back-lit keyboard

Also, if someone could answer how much i would be expecting to pay for electricity, dont wanna be paying like an extra 100 cause i have a l33t machine

also i will be needing to buy windows 7 cd so i guess leave an extra 200 out so i have some money for that

or if you guys think would be a better idea to maybe get a comp from comp usa or something like that.

With the new power supplies you'll spend even less, what site are you going to buy parts from? What would be your preference Intel or AMD, Nvidia or ATi?

honestly no preference, but i guess since i got 1600 ive been looking around and can see that intl would be a better choise, unforantly im not to sure just because i need to buy a mointer / keyboard / mouse / windows 7 ... so need to take about 1000 out of the budget just for those im guessing...

so no preference, but i will not be overclocking anytime soon... nor use a watercooler,

and most likely buy stuff from newegg since its reliable and cheap

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM is $99. You can only install it on that system when you build it, but it's a small price to pay for the fully featured OS for a single system (I've never had any problems with this)

Monitor - a decent 22 or 24" gaming capable LCD won't be more than $200 if you look longer than 2 minutes. :)

Keyboard/mouse - these are comfort / idea items, so find the one that fits your budget and tastes and fit it into the grand scheme of things.

In all honesty, 1600 is a lot - depends on where in the world you are, sure, but still a lot considering what folks can do with even $600.

You'd probably want something with either an Intel i5 or i7 (2500 or 2600 series respectively) with 8GB of RAM, a decent video card, some storage and a nice case and you can still come in under 1000.

You can get Windows 7 for $99.00 at Newegg: Newegg.com - windows 7 oem . However, it is OEM software, and it links the software to the motherboard. So, if you decided to change out the Motherboard you would have to call Microsoft to release the software from the MB. That would save you $150 or so than buying the full version.

Also, monitors are not that expensive ($130 to $250), unless you want to go with 3D, then you are looking at $350 monitor at the minimum if you want a quality monitor. There is one for $200, but the reviews are showing that it is crap.

As for processors, I would recommend the Intel Sandy Bridge (i5 2500k or i7 2600k), OR I would wait until September 9th or 19th, 2011 to see what AMD bulldozer offers in comparison to Sandy Bridge performance wise.
Note: I would recommend a water cool solution for your processor. All you have to do is put it on your processor, and you are done. No hassle with the normal water cooling solutions: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=Mjc2OCYxNw==

Video Cards, is a crapshoot. Either AMD or nVidia would be fine with the current generation of vid cards. They both perform relatively the same with gaming. If I had to choose right now, I would go for AMD HD 6970 or GTX 570 (GTX580 if you don't mind spending $150 more).
Note: nVidia has a better 3D standard than AMD has adopted at the moment.

As for a case, I have always used Antec cases. I currently use an Antec 1200, but will soon get the Lanboy Air. I always opt for full tower cases, due to Vid card length issues presented with other cases. Personal opinion though.

With the configuration I would have in mind for you, you would be looking around $1500. It would last for years of gaming. Let me know if you want me to get a build built..

Note: I would recommend waiting for AMD's Bulldozer processor, and the next gen of Vid cards to come out. Next gen cards will run 2.6 times better than current gen. And, the bulldozer processor could provide a huge leap in performance. Plus, it is only a month away from release!

So if you guys could post a rig that would be great <3

i do not need a water cooler , nor plan on using 1, just because nothing will be that demanding that a couple of extra fans wont do....

also i would need a power supply if you guys could add that to it / surge protecter that you guys trust ( dont need a huge fancy smanshy 1, just something so i could just wrap things up when the power goes out.)

<333333 to every1 that is helping

btw i doubt i will ever be doing crossfire / sli so im guessing a gtx590 would be more then efficient with maybe a intel 970x ???? prob wrong but yea....

if u could change the newegg link, i dont have an account yet.

Back
Top Bottom