Upgrading Dell Mobo

TristinX

Beta member
I have a Dell Inspiron 570 and I want to upgrade the Mobo from the dell that is in the system. I want to keep all my current hardware. I'm doing this to 1. be able to OC the AMD 240 and 2. be able to install future upgrades since dell is so limited.

My questions are should I get a new tower? And I'm not sure what is a good mobo for what I want.

Also when upgrading a mobo i found a guide to put your hard drive into audit mode so I dont have to reformat and install the OS and all my data. Is this a legit procedure?
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer - Windows 7 Forums

PC specs listed below.

Bios Info
Vendor: Dell Inc.
Version: A00

Mobo: 04GJJT

Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor

Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

RAM x4:
DDR3 (PC3-8500F) 1024 MBytes Samsung

Disk 0 640.1 GB SAMSUNG HD642JJ Samsung
Disk 1 250.0 GB ST3250620AS Seagate

I dont think it will be compatible with the dell case there BTX while the mobos are ATX form.

I dont think it will be compatible with the dell case there BTX while the mobos are ATX form.

Not accurate. The new Dell systems are ATX formfactor, especially since this is an AMD system (and AMD says ATX is fine)

Source: Looked at photos of the system for myself on Dell's website. :)

Thanks for the info on the tower. From what I know (been trying to read up on it) I need a AM3 mobo. I'll eventually upgrade the CPU, faster RAM, and get another Vid Card for SLI or Crossfire not sure which my current card uses.

Not accurate. The new Dell systems are ATX formfactor, especially since this is an AMD system (and AMD says ATX is fine)

Source: Looked at photos of the system for myself on Dell's website. :)

Ohh my bad, didnt knew they went back to ATX.

Thanks for the info on the tower. From what I know (been trying to read up on it) I need a AM3 mobo. I'll eventually upgrade the CPU, faster RAM, and get another Vid Card for SLI or Crossfire not sure which my current card uses.

In that case, get yourself an AM3+ (notice the +) and you'll be ready for Bulldozer in addition to being able to use your current chip.

Back
Top Bottom