Countryside is lovely and all...

YEah but the assignments were huge and we were given absolutely no time in class after a few people p'd off the teacher and the whole class lost their lab privileges. Not only that but the teacher was such a b***h she had IT suspend all our accounts for 2 weeks.

Just a bad memory flashback there but now things have flipped for me I went from the crappiest internet ever but lots to do outside computers to having freaking sweet internet and living in an apartment in a boring city away from all my friends it still feels bad plus I think somehow we are reaching our bandwidth limit for the month I am getting isp messages. Its weird we have a 100gb limit but a 40mb/s connection.

As root said, it's certainly interesting how times change with connection speed...!

I grew on no internet.
But iv become addicted lol

Avg Cell Internet
72729657.png

PC Internet
1415121186.png

I live in a very rural area, luckily my internet isn't half bad! Telstra may have the shittiest customer support i have ever had to dealt with but if you want half decent internet here, you have to deal with it.

... Funny thing is, about 10 years ago I'd have loved a 256K connection... weird how things change.
I hear ya. I first got on-line 25 years ago with a 1200 baud modem, it was quite snappy compared to my sister's 300 baud modem!

my family first got internet back in the windows 3.1 days. I can vaguely remember when they came to set it up. like 3 techs came and spent hours getting everything ready. I remember it actually being quite fast for about a year then we renovated the house and the guys redoing the lawn and digging stuff up accidentally cut the phone line in several places with their back hoe and apparently just taped it back together and failed to mention it until after their were paid and the ground was filled back in and grass already grown. That is when everything got terrible we had really slow internet that sometimes didn't work when it rained and weird crackling sounds on our phone. My mom said it would be too much of a hassle to get them back to fix what they did since they told us what they did then when we asked to have them fix it the same exact crew denied ever cutting the line.

That was in like 1993 and we stayed at that house with that exact problem until 2008

A few reasons really, after long walks in the day bumming around online is a nice way to relax for me! And apart from long walks, there's not really an awful lot else to do at all :p Practically speaking as well there's a few potentially important emails that might be coming through this week, and if they do come through it'd be beneficial to reply sooner rather than later.

No worries, just giving you a hard time. ;) Hope you're relaxing at the least though.

No worries, just giving you a hard time. :D Hope you're relaxing at the least though.
Haha, to be honest I often ask why I don't just unplug myself too! But yeah, it's quite relaxing thanks. 9 more geocaches today up some very rocky slopes, including one that had been buried for a month and no-one had been able to find it... wow I'm getting addicted...!

ahh love the peak district its beautiful , I cycle out there a fair bit in the summer months love it to bits

Back
Top Bottom